Consider Veneers to Rejuvenate Your Smile
What Exactly Are Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are very similar to false finger nails, consisting of very thin slips of porcelain that are custom-made to fit exactly over the front surfaces of a tooth and which are bonded in position. Veneers are an extremely versatile treatment and can be used to correct the following issues:
- To repair teeth that may have become worn down
- To hide badly discolored and stained teeth
- To correct the appearance of misshapen teeth or any that may be too small
- Mending small chips or cracks
- Closing up or minimizing gaps in between teeth
- As an alternative to orthodontics treatment where teeth are only slightly out of position
- Veneers can also be used as a long-term solution to whiten teeth and where bleaching isn’t a suitable option.
What Is the Procedure for Porcelain Veneers?
You will normally have to visit Simply Smiles two or three times. Your first visit is for an initial consultation with our dentist, Dr. Kira Gerkht. Your teeth will be prepared at the second visit, a process that generally involves removing a small amount of tooth structure using local anesthetic to ensure your new veneers look and feel very natural. A veneer is typically around 0.5 mm in thickness so the amount of tooth structure that needs to be removed is minimal. Once your teeth are prepared, we take a very detailed impression that will be used by the dental laboratory to custom-make your veneers. We can place temporary veneers to help protect your teeth while your new veneers are being made, a process that generally takes a couple of weeks.
When you return, we will try in your new veneers and you will be able to see them before they are bonded onto your teeth. This is to ensure you are happy with the shape, size and color and any minor adjustments are easily made at this stage. Next, the tooth surface is lightly etched to create a stronger bond between your tooth and the veneer before it is bonded in position with special cement.
What Are the Benefits of Porcelain Veneers?
There are several benefits to choosing porcelain veneers to improve your smile which include:
- Veneers can create a very natural yet beautiful appearance
- Your veneers will not irritate your gum tissue
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant and will not change color
- Veneers are excellent at helping to make dark teeth appear whiter and can hide deep-seated stains
The amount of tooth structure that needs to be removed for porcelain veneers is minimal compared to porcelain crowns and once the veneers are bonded in place they are strong and can look stunning
If you are interested in finding out more about porcelain veneers and would like to know if they are a suitable option for you, why not book an appointment with our dentist, Dr. Kira Gekht. Contact us direct at 941-921-4654 or if you prefer you can fill in our online booking form.